Tuesday 30 June 2015

ACN Scotland: new member of staff

Today I would like to introduce to you the newest member of the ACN Scotland team.

Meet Erin McCann – our new Office Administrator (for summer 2015)






Tell us a bit about yourself…

Hi! My name is Erin and I have started working for ACN this week. I live in Carfin which is local to our Motherwell office. I'm currently at the University of Glasgow studying Medicine and will start 3rd year at the end of the Summer!

What role do you play in ACN Scotland?

I have volunteered with ACN for 5 years now, starting with basic office jobs (sending invitations for events, stuffing envelopes etc.), as well as helping coordinate the ground work at ACN Scotland events and Masses.

My job for the summer is as the Office Administrator in the Scottish Office where I carry out any administrative jobs required at the time. I really enjoy being part of the team and have been made to feel very welcome! 

Why do you think people should support the work of ACN?

I think people should support ACN because it is a charity that works hard all over the world to help people who have been made to feel helpless in their own country, just because of their religious beliefs. 

We are so lucky to be in countries like ours where we take for granted the freedom to express our beliefs and to be safe in doing so. In other countries across the world people are targeted for doing what we do so freely every week, such as going to Mass or coming to work. ACN is a wonderful charity because it helps all kinds of people in various ways, people who are facing struggles we can only imagine. 

Do you have a message for the persecuted Church?

I can’t imagine what it would be like if someone one day told me I could no longer wear a cross around my neck, or I couldn't be a Christian any more. The people in Scotland are becoming more and more aware of your struggles and with the help of ACN we will continue to spread awareness and send help to wherever you need it most.


Thank you for reading!
Michael 



No comments:

Post a Comment